Canticles of the Unhomed

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Alexander... The Great?

Jeff and I saw the movie Alexander yesterday. I was not impressed. Sure, it was a big movie, but it was also LONG. Three hours. And only one real battle scene. And lots of rampant homosexuality. Sure, it may be historically accurate, but I don't have to enjoy watching it. I really wasn't expecting much from Colin Farrell, and he didn't disappoint. Mostly, though I thought it was boring and too long.

After that, I played Halo 2 for like four hours. Now there's a game.

Today I am spending with my buddy Adam, working on art for my book. He's really talented, so I am looking forward to seeing what he can come up with.
:: written by Matt Thompson, 2:44 PM

2 Comments:

Well I don't know about Matt, but what bothers me about it is that I personally find it distastful. Thats just me though and really I find strait public displays of lust fairly distastful as well. Love is one thing, but sexually motivated acts belong behind closed doors.

Really the thing I did find most sickening was not the gore, nor the displays of homosexual attaction. The 1 thing that I really found disgusting was the scene where some unimportant powerful male characters were manhandling a younger man and there was rape highly implyed.

Anyway I though it was mediocre as well.

Jeff http://alberdaonline.blogspot.com
Blogger Jeff A, at 9:59 PM  
Well Documented? Actually as a historian I would say that Alexander's marriage is well documented, everything else is at best implied. That is why greeks are suing the makers of the film. They want it well known that this is only the director's imagined version of Alexander. Of course Alexander probably did have male lovers, but to arbitrarily say that it is well documented is weak.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

Add a comment