Canticles of the Unhomed

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Evolution Derailed

I got into this thinking that growth equals joy. That seeing and feeling God work in your life brings you joy and peace. Why does this evolution, when we say that it is God in me, changing, transforming and remaking me, that it is the living Christ within me, animated by the quickening of the Holy Spirit, nonetheless feels like slow, plodding tedium for me? And yet I cannot say that I have no peace, that I left with nothing. I certainly feel some measure of peace in my soul, but it is not the crystalline peace of a soul at rest. It is not the peace that surpasseth all understanding. And yet, the quiet maelstrom in my soul is nonetheless stained, or tinted, or sprinkled, or daubed, or some appropriate adjective (maybe I should consult a communication grad student) with the subtle shades of a peace that I cannot properly understand. Maybe that's what it means to surpasseth all understanding. That being said, at the end of all things, as I stand in silence, there is hope, and in that place I am surrounded constantly by those that love me.

I challenge you who read this to thank God for those that love you.

Check out my buddy Joe's blog. It's on my link list.
:: written by Matt Thompson, 8:28 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment