Canticles of the Unhomed

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Joy of Consumption

So Jeff, Chuck and I just had an orgy of gluttony as we ate 10 cent wings and $9.00 jugs of draft at Wooly Bully's pub here in Edmonton. Every Wednesday, 10 cent wings. Awesome. Jeff ate 38, I ate 36 and Chuck ate 33. I am definately slowing down as I get older. But 10 cent wings. Wow. There is just something... spiritual about cheap wings with good buds.

So this week at Sol Cafe I am leading the discussion, and we are going to be talking about the practical role of the Holy Spirit in our lives. As I think about it, the more I realize that really, it is the Holy Spirit that does everything. When we pray, it is he that prays for us. When we seek the presence of Christ in our lives, it is he that gives us awareness of the presence of the living Christ within us.

Thoughts?
:: written by Matt Thompson, 7:29 PM

1 Comments:

When we turn our backs it is likely he who seeks us out... that's my only explanation for my own situation.

-RyeShy
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

Add a comment