Canticles of the Unhomed

Friday, November 26, 2004

Oppression of a Different Kind

I feel some kind of need to support my buddy Jayson. (TO know what I am talking about check out www.jayson.ca, and the comments on his entry "What is a duvet?") However, I think I have done that, and anything else I say would just be a result of the instigator in me. And as I have said to Jay many times, I AM A MAN OF PEACE. ;)

And yet...

For some reason, when someone who means alot to me is attacked, I nonetheless feel the need to respond. Perhaps you can call it loyalty. That being said, I have been known to respond with less than compete restraint when I feel a loved one is threatened.

Is this is a good thing? Do these people NEED defending? Most of all, by the likes of me? And yet, these are my loved ones. The beloved of my heart. I would feel as though I am being less than a friend if I do not support them. After all, I think I would expect them to do the same for me. However, is that realistic?

The evolution continues.
:: written by Matt Thompson, 1:04 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment