Canticles of the Unhomed

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Sweet Community

So I got together last night with a friend of mine who was feeling really crappy. We spent some time together, cried together, and then laughed together, and just hung out. I think it was a powerful time of ministry, even though the person was not a Christian, and not even really all that religious. HOwever, and this was a powerful lesson for me, I think the most meaningful thing I did was just listen to this person and held them. I think there is something significantly powerful about human touch; something no animal can replace. (sorry becky and all you animal lovers out there...) In all, this friend ended feeling much better, and I have to admit, I was ministered to as well.
:: written by Matt Thompson, 11:54 AM

1 Comments:

all in a day's work...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

Add a comment