Canticles of the Unhomed

Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Christmas Poem

Just a little poem I wrote to remind me of the point of the season.


A Christmas Poem

My dream for you is of a Christmas of hope,
And a brave New Year.

May you be surrounded by those that love you,
And may the joy of the returning light fill you.
My gift to you is a promise of love,
The gift of a failing heart.

All I have to give those that love me
Is my own imperfect love,
But in the glory of the season,
It is enough.

I speak of hope,
For this is the season of hope,
That the pain will not last,
That our thirst will soon drown in the song not sung in vain.
We look ahead to the coming days,
And pray for our children,
And those we love.

And dear one,
As you read this,
Know that with each word
My soul sings a prayer for you,
And with each line,
My heart renews its love for you.

Dear one,
Know that my heart and soul is with you
Always.

:: written by Matt Thompson, 9:35 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment