Canticles of the Unhomed

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

What a Day

So I lost my cellphone yesterday. I was coming out of a job interview and I think it fell out of my pocket. So, no cell phone, at a time when I need to be in communication with people, moreso than any other time. Then, this morning I was at the gym and I was talking to this girl while I was on the crosstrainer. As I was finishing, I was concentrating on talking to her and I fell off the machine, flat on my back, knocking the breath out of me. Smooth. Then I miss my bus getting to the cafe, so I am late taking over from the morning guy. Oh well, maybe I should just go home, bury my head under the blankets and try to forget about today.

So I have been interviewing for a job at Ikon Office Solutions, in their Order Coordination dept. It is a good job with good pay, good hours and great perks. I had my first interview last week, they liked me enough to bring me back for another interview, which was yesterday. I thought it went really well. They told me that I should know by today or tomorrow. Of course, they can't phone me because my cell phone is lying somewhere in a snow bank. ANyway, I hope I get the job. It will be nice to making an income that approaches the national average. :) And no shift work!
:: written by Matt Thompson, 5:50 PM

1 Comments:

I hope you get the job, Wesla is also waiting on a call back from a job interview she had earlier this week. Sorry man, but I just had to laugh about the cross-trainer thing.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 PM  

Add a comment