Canticles of the Unhomed

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Uhhh... Me Make Words... Good

I am so blocked. I can barely string a sentence together, let alone create anything worthwhile, which explains my lack of blogging. This is disappointing, since enjoy the discipline of writing a blog everyday.

Notice below the working cover of my book. Looks freakin' amazing.Props out to Adam Dreher, to whom I now owe my first born child.

As for news - got my cell phone back, but Fido is being stupid. I actually found the original and tried to tell them I no longer need a new one, but they insist on still sending a new one and refuses to reactivate the old one and still expects to be paid for the new one. No worries though, I have gone head to head with cell phone companies before. They WILL submit to me.

I am STILL waiting to hear about the Ikon job. I was supposed to hear today, but they told me now that I should know by the end of the week. So I wait...

This Sunday is the big Sol Cafe throw-down. Again, I am cautiously optimistic, though committed. We'll see what happens.

So the short story is done, and I got my 5000 words to my editor by the deadline. The short is really good, but the 5000 words of the sequel is ALL shyte. I think I will need to start over. Again. The key is finding the the story that still needs to be told. All stories generate another story - it is just finding that story that will be the hard part.

Lent is beginning, and I am trying to think about how I will celebrate.

:: written by Matt Thompson, 6:16 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment