Canticles of the Unhomed

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So Its Finally Happening

So its finally happening. I just got word that my publisher is finally getting their ass in gear and releasing my book. Its going wide in the States with a limited run in Eastern Canada; the market here in the west is painfully limited. They are starting with a run of 50,000 books.

As is customary, they are throwing me a release party, to which all my friends are invited. Its going down on June 25th, here in the city. This is all on Tor's nickel, so I have been told to invite indiscrimately. There's going to be live music, food, a "reading" (sounds like fun) and the appropriate press. Against my objections, its going to be semi-formal, so I'm going to have to wear pants. That was a specific requirement of the publisher.

I will post more details as they emerge.
:: written by Matt Thompson, 5:47 PM

13 Comments:

Thank God! Matt will finally put on some pants.

You better damn well invite me. I may come wearing pants, but I can't gaurantee they will stay on all night.
Blogger Chuck, at 6:00 PM  
that's it, man, I just can't do this pants thing. can we go full geek and have costumes?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  
Matt, I have known you for almost ten years, I even lived with you for 4 months, and in all that time, I have never seen you with pants on. You better take one of your famous 'pictures', frame it, and I will hang it on my wall for this momentous moment.

peace
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  
I don't know Matt, what about that whole crazy writer thing you've got going on? Since it is semi formal, why don't you just wear your lovely black gown.
Blogger Amanda, at 8:25 AM  
Matt - I Love you! :-) You are amazing!
Blogger Rach, at 8:56 AM  
So, this thing about Tor's nickel. Will they spring to fly people in from out of town? It wouldn't be much, a Westjet from Regina to Edmonton would suffice. (and of course a limo to get me to Regina)
Blogger the dirk, at 9:18 AM  
Hook me up with the invite man, I want to be there!
Blogger Jason, at 5:15 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Lightfoot, at 12:51 PM  
Uncle MacK said...

hahaha! Perhaps the singularly most hilarious and great quote of our time! "Against my objections...I'm going to have to wear pants." - Matthew Thompson 2005

People will look back on this momentous occasion for centuries
Blogger Lightfoot, at 12:52 PM  
what the hell man?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM  
YAY MATT, I will be there with possibly literal bells on. Good work bud, this will mean a payday for you I bet.
Blogger Jeff A, at 8:35 PM  
Speaking of a payday. What about that $100 you owe me :)
Blogger the dirk, at 1:26 PM  
Great news on the book release. Too bad about the pants.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

Add a comment