Canticles of the Unhomed

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Barechested Poker... boo-yah!

So, on Sunday after the House, Chuck and Jeremy and I hung out and played poker and drank beer until four thirty in the morning. As befitting a male-fest like that, eventually, we all ended up with our shirts off playing poker and drinking beer.

What? It was hot.

It was another moment of Houseness. The Hoegaarden... the crappy flops... the companionship... it was a moment of perfect Houseness. And here's some pics...



Chuck and the sweetness. Mmmm... Hoegaarden... glgllhlhhh...





Edmonton at night, from the window of a speeding car, taken with a .3 megapixel cameraphone.

Hmm... for some reason this pic is much bigger. Blogger at its best. I would've posted more pics, but I forgot that I didn't transfer them all off my phone.

Anyway, we had a good time; male-bonding and all that. Poker, beer, bare chests... we even started talking about our feelings.

Okay, so maybe less beer next time. Besides, you haven't lived until you see Jeremy hopped up on MacEwan's.

Peace y'all.


:: written by Matt Thompson, 6:10 PM

5 Comments:

Boy, I'm sure glad you didn't post any of the "other" pictures from that night! I guess instead of Big Brother watching us we have Big Papa. No one is safe from the unblinking eye of Matt!
Blogger Chuck, at 2:10 PM  
While I think you are sincere, I can't help but question the appropriatness of this kind of behavior. I guess I am just asking the question, do you think this is the kind of above reproach actions of a spirit-filled Christian? Would you still be gambling (sinning), drinking (sinning), and sitting in your innapropriate garb if Jesus was sitting with you? And, especially considering that you are self-ascribed church leaders, is this really how representatives of Christ and his church act? I mean, really. I don't think I could ever attend a church where the pastors engage in this sort of behavior.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  
Just kidding, lol. The above post was me, and I was the one who taught Matt how to play No Limit Texas Hold Em and I have seen him completely naked, it is a sight to be seen, aye to be sure.

jayson
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  
Now, THAT is the funniest thing I have read in two days...
Blogger Matt Thompson, at 4:57 PM  
I go away for 1 week and this is what I come back to? Cool!
Blogger Jeff A, at 6:05 PM  

Add a comment